ACAF Mission Statement
To promote and develop knowledge and understanding between Australia, China and Asia-Pacific Region in the arena of contemporary art. To support contemporary artists by facilitating cross-cultural exchange opportunities in the arts in the region.
We help build networks among arts professionals, cultural institutions and individuals both in Australia, China and Asia-Pacific through our artist-in-residence programs.
ACAF has also launched a charity program of art as therapy - ARTS CAN DO - to bring artists to work with the children of migrant workers in isolated villages and in cities. The goal is to undo the damage done by lack of family life and help unlock children's minds, allowing them to develop normal emotional and cognitive responses to the world.
Core activities supporting the mission statement:
· Support organize cultural exchange initiatives and exhibitions of the contemporary artists from Australia, China and Asia Pacific, including initiating joint art projects and exhibitions with commercial galleries and public museums;
· Provision of Artist-in-residence programs in Australia, China and Asia Pacific for talented artists;
· Provision of international art tours including visits to museums, leading galleries, artists studios and art fairs;
· Hosting art educational workshops, talks and seminars by established leading art educator, artists and art critics;
· Sponsorship of special art events to raise the profile of talented artists in Australia, China and Asia Pacific contemporary art world;
· Fundraising to support art education and art as therapy programs for children in need.